Hi! I was accepted into the BSc Finance course at the London School of Economics as part of the 2024-2027 batch. I had applied for Finance in LSE, Durham, and Manchester and Accounting&Finance at Warwick and King's College London. The UCAS application for each university requires predicted grades, teacher references, and most importantly, a 4000 character(including spaces) personal statement. Although the format of the personal statement will be changing from the 2026 entry onwards, my personal statement will still be useful in helping you craft your answers to these three questions(the format from 2026): 1) Why do you want to study this course or subject? 2) How have your qualifications and studies helped you to prepare for this course or subject? 3) What else have you done to prepare outside of education, and why are these experiences useful? When preparing my personal statement, I was often disappointed by the fact that I had no personal statements of stud...
Dear all, it is with immense ple a sure I am writing this as it is my 50th blog !! I have been able to cross the Golden Jubilee after exactly seven months and ten days and it has been an incredible journey. I was first introduced to blogging and the world of blogs on 4th May 2018, by my dear father . Making me write blogs was on his radar for a long time as he thought it would help me improve my English writing skills, my observation skills and most of all, helping me organize and structure tasks. When I started blogging, I would make many errors and my father would diligently and lovingly correct them. But now, I am happy to say that though I make errors while writing, I manage to fix most of them by myself. If you have ever wondered at any point what happens behind the scenes to make my blog, then here you are: 1. Deciding on a topic: Unlike other bloggers, I write about varied topics and deciding a subject is very crucial. I mostly follow a structured order of to...
Few blogs prior to this one, I wrote on one of Japan's matsuri (check the link!!). This blog is going to be focused on another very significant tradition, the Obon !! About Obon The Obon is a Japanese Buddhist custom to honour the spirits of one's ancestors. Obon is a three day period which takes place around August 15th each year. During these three days, everybody goes back to their ancestral house and visit and clean their ancestors's graves(thi s is called "Ohakamairi") The spirits then enter the house riding on a horse(so as to arrive fast ) and feast along with the family. After an enjoyable three day period, the spirits leave riding on a cow, so as to go slowly back to their own realm. Though Obon takes place all over Japan, Kyoto's Gozan No Okuribi and lanterns along the Sasebo river (marking Obon) are prominent. Obon has been celebrated for over 500 years now and is one of Japan's oldest cultural traditions. F...
Go Go man!
ReplyDeleteLETS GOOOO!O!!!!!! START OF A LEGEND!!!! OXFORD BOUND ONGONG
ReplyDelete